Sunday, April 25, 2010

Molly: Blue Door Luau blucy on 4/24/10

My first dinner. By pure coincidence, I took a picture of the Blue Door Pub's Luau blucy that I had last night because I liked the look of it. Today, my mom and I went to the St. Paul Art Crawl to see various pieces and, in particular, the work of Amy Egenberger. She mentioned some of the projects she's done where she will mix a paint color a day or make a doll a day for a year. And, thinking about what we'd like to do each day for a year, food and photography cropped up. I remembered taking pictures of all the things I ate while studying abroad my junior year in college and how those pictures served as an indirect chronicle of my travels, my interests, and the ways in which I spent my days. It never occurred to me to do the same thing once I came home.

And, so, we are taking pictures of what we eat for dinner every night for as long as we can keep it up. We both like food and we both like photography, so it seemed like a good mix. Who knows how this space will morph and change as we figure out how we want to present it. So, for now, I leave you with the Luau blucy.


Pineapple, canadian bacon, and angus beef don't work as well as I had hoped, but I'm determined to try every blucy at the Blue Door before I leave for grad school in the fall.

Until tonight,
Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment